"It's important to know who and where investor money is coming from. Outside money wants a 'return on the investment' - bottom-line... and the sooner the better. but if it's investor money. active money. my money... company control over anything else. I've now taken a personal interest in the companies future and need to be able to put the decisions or people in place in the event you can't." -Walid Nasserdeen (2009panel)
What Venture Capital Investors want in a Term Sheet
When you pitch your business to an Investor be sure to fine-tune your pitch down to just 2 minutes. I know, it seems impossible to tell your story in only 2 minutes! That's why you have to only tell the important facts.
- Quick description (we do this. elaborate a little, but no need to explain how you met your biz partner in college)
- Revenue status (real money you are making, not what you expect in 5 years)
- Customers (x number of paying customers including Ford, GM, etc...)
- Money raised to date (outside investors OR founders)
- Money raising now (tell the opportunity to the investor - its a pitch, not a story)
If you cant explain what you do in a short pitch, dont ever expect to get the opportunity to give a longer pitch.
|< Prev||Next >|
How Venture Capital Works: Part I SVB Financial Group recently hosted a panel discussion titled How...
Trailing Stops Made Simple… by Alexander Green, Chief Investment Strategist Everyone likes to...
A Three-Pronged Approach to Identifying Takeovers Targets Global merger and acquisitions activity volume just surpassed the...
A Fiscal Cliff-Hanger by Walid Nasserdeen, Analyst & Corporate Strategist On Thursday, October...
Family Office & Private Wealth Management Forum - West Family Office and Private Wealth Management Forum "Harvesting the...